In addition to the overarching aims for the Australian Curriculum: Technologies, Design and Technologies more specifically aims to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to ensure that, individually and collaboratively, students:
- develop confidence as critical users of technologies and designers and producers of designed solutions
- investigate, generate and critique innovative and ethical designed solutions for sustainable futures
- use design and systems thinking to generate design ideas and communicate these to a range of audiences
- produce designed solutions suitable for a range of technologies contexts by selecting and manipulating a range of materials, systems, components, tools and equipment creatively, competently and safely; and managing processes
- evaluate processes and designed solutions and transfer knowledge and skills to new situations
- understand the roles and responsibilities of people in design and technologies occupations and how they contribute to society.