The Australian Curriculum: Economics and Business aims to ensure students develop:
- enterprising behaviours and capabilities that can be transferable into life, work and business opportunities and will contribute to the development and prosperity of individuals and society
- understanding of the ways society allocates limited resources to satisfy needs and wants, and how they participate in the economy as consumers, workers and producers
- understanding of the work and business environments within the Australian economy and its interactions and relationships with the global economy, in particular the Asia region
- reasoning and interpretation skills to apply economics and business concepts to make informed decisions
- understanding of economics and business decision-making and its role in creating a prosperous, sustainable and equitable economy for all Australians
- understandings that will enable them to actively and ethically participate in the local, national, regional and global economy as economically, financially and business-literate citizens.